We are Recruiting
We are looking for enthusiastic, care focused individuals that have a keen interest in health care, working from our Norwich base on a full and part time basis, up to 40 hours per week (hours to include unsocial working, including shifts, weekends and bank holidays).
For the right individuals we will provide you with a comprehensive Induction Programme where full training will be provided, we offer FREE DBS checks, FREE uniform, FutureQuals Ambulance Qualifications, FREE Adult and Child Safeguarding training to Level 2 and both FREE prevent and First Aid at Work Training.
You will be responsible for the care and safe transportation of non-emergency PTS patients. Ensuring timely transportation to and from appointments at hospitals, treatment centres day units or other places of care. At all times the post holder must ensure patient safety and reduction in harm to patients, self, colleagues and others by assessing risks and adopting safe working practices.
About the Company
ERS Medical, one of the UK’s largest independent healthcare service providers, offers a range of specialist patient transport and courier services to the NHS and wider healthcare sector across the UK.
- To undertake a full range of PTS duties including stretcher work and wheelchair clamping; Competence in patient assessment, manual handling and moving of patients, oxygen therapy, BLS and AED, airway and circulatory management, medical and trauma related emergencies; basic physiological knowledge.
- Ensure own compliance with patient care and safety protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to work alone as required on a range of PTS duties
- Maintain a high standard of vehicle and equipment serviceability, cleanliness and permanent readiness. Carry out daily vehicle checks and report defects promptly in accordance with service instructions.
- Provide a patient focused service and an appropriate level of customer support that engenders customer satisfaction and confidence in the service
- Convey allocated patients and escorts to and from home address, to and from hospital or other treatment centres and between hospitals, other treatment centres or care facilities;
- Drive allocated vehicle as road traffic law dictates, in a manner appropriate to the conditions, and with due consideration for the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users, in non-emergency conditions;
- Maintain communication with local control using mobile data device or telephone, as appropriate
- Complete all statistical information and patient journey records neatly and on time as instructed.
- You will ensure effective use of technology to meet contract KPIs and performance targets.
- Stop, report and lend appropriate support and assistance, within competencies, at the scene of any untoward incident that may require first aid and /or ambulance intervention on route; assist colleagues when necessary to do so.
- Ensure the patient’s home is secured if left unattended and maintain the security of, when entrusted with responsibility for, valuables including money and personal belongings whilst the patient is in the post holder’s care.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Abilities
- Proven numerical and literacy skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills gained from experience of dealing with customers or members of the public
- Full Driving licence held for more than 2 years with no more than 6 penalty points
- Diplomatic and Negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work with personnel of all levels
- Evidence of well developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personal responsibility - uniform standards and timekeeping