Job Description - ACA (Ambulance Care Assistant) Mansfield Nottinghamshire.
We are looking for enthusiastic, care focused individuals that have a keen interest in health care, working from our Mansfield Nottinghamshire Site on a Full time contract (hours to include unsocial working including shifts, weekends and Bank Holidays).
For the right individuals we will provide you with a comprehensive Induction Program where full training will be provided.
You will be responsible for the care and safe transportation of non-emergency PTS patients. Ensuring timely transportation to and from appointments at hospitals, treatment centres, day units or other places of care. At all times the post holder must ensure patient safety and reduction in harm to patients, self, colleagues and others by assessing risks and adopting safe working practices.
- To undertake a full range of PTS duties including stretcher work and wheelchair clamping; Competence in patient assessment, manual handling and moving of patients, oxygen therapy, BLS and AED, airway and circulatory management, medical and trauma related emergencies; basic physiological knowledge.
- Ensure own compliance with patient care and safety protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to work alone as required on a range of PTS duties
- Maintain a high standard of vehicle and equipment serviceability, cleanliness and permanent readiness. Carry out daily vehicle checks and report defects promptly in accordance with service instructions.
- Provide a patient focused service and an appropriate level of customer support that engenders customer satisfaction and confidence in the service
- Convey allocated patients and escorts to and from home address, to and from hospital or other treatment centres and between hospitals, other treatment centres or care facilities;
- Drive allocated vehicle as road traffic law dictates, in a manner appropriate to the conditions, and with due consideration for the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users, in non-emergency conditions;
- Maintain communication with control using mobile data device or telephone, as appropriate
- Complete all statistical information and patient journey records neatly and on time as instructed.
- You will ensure effective use of technology to meet contract KPIs and performance targets.
- Stop, report and lend appropriate support and assistance, within competencies, at the scene of any untoward incident that may require first aid and /or ambulance intervention on route; assist colleagues when necessary to do so.
- Ensure the patient’s home is secured if left unattended and maintain the security of, when entrusted with responsibility for, valuables including money and personal belongings whilst the patient is in the post holder’s care.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Abilities
- Proven numerical and literacy skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills gained from experience of dealing with customers or members of the public
- Full Driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points held for more than two years
- Diplomatic and Negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work with personnel of all levels
- Evidence of well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personal responsibility - uniform standards and timekeeping
About the Company
ERS Medical, one of the UK’s largest independent healthcare service providers, offers a range of specialist patient transport and courier services to the NHS and wider healthcare sector across the UK.
The government published on 4th August 2021 operational guidance for people working or deployed in care homes. This publication, for which all PTS staff fall under the remit of, outlines that staff working in or deployed to work in care home must not enter the care home unless they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a nationally published policy that the ERS Medical is required to adopt.
This will become a legal requirement from 11th November 2021, meaning that from this date PTS staff will only be permitted to enter a care home, once they have received full vaccination against COVID-19 and are a minimum of 8 weeks post their second vaccination. Entering care homes to assist patients to and from planned appointments is a fundamental part of the PTS role.
All applicants must therefore have received both COVID vaccinations at the point of submitting an application to ERS Medical and this requirement forms part of the conditions for any subsequent offer of employment. All successful applicants will be asked to evidence receipt of both COVID-19 vaccinations at interview.