Team Leader - Homerton University Hospital.
Start date: December 2021
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday - Friday plus on call on a rotational basis.
Salary: £27,000 per annum. (This will be reviewed after 3 Months Probation)
- The Team Leader is primarily responsible for the day-to-day service delivery to patients, providing support for operational, clinical and make ready staff. Reporting daily activity to the ERS management.
- To provide support and work closely in conjunction with the Operations Manager to ensure that the operation continues to remain compliant and providing the best possible patient experience.
- At all times the post holder must ensure patient safety and reduction in harm to patients, self, colleagues, and others by assessing risks and adopting safe working practices.
- The team leader is responsible for ensuring accurate communication at all times to all operational staff and the Operations Manager working on and off site.
- Working closely alongside the Operations Manager to compile reports and provide accurate and timely information as and when required.
- Line management of all road staff including all Ambulance Care Assistants
- Fleet management
- Ordering BOC gas as and when required.
- Ensuring that the databases are kept up to date to ensure CQC compliance.
A working knowledge of booking, planning and dispatch for cover when required
Main tasks and accountability
- The Team Leader role has responsibility for the provision of leadership and management to the immediate operational staff. To include PDP's where required.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the business processes to ensure these are being complied by and followed by all clinical staff in specified areas.
- To provide effective leadership in ensuring that standards and practices comply with policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the ambulance crews understand their roles and are working within the clinical governance strategy to promote excellence in clinical practice in accordance with Care Quality Commission guidelines.
- Maintain the fleet in accordance with inspection dates, deep clean schedule dates, whilst ensuring all statutory legal requirements for all vehicles are updated in a timely manner in line with site fleet planners.
- Manage staff rota
- Assist with office duties i.e., processing and inputting information from run sheets, collation, and entry of data, providing accurate customer reports to the Operations Manager and the business.
- Uphold business principles of customer and patient care, and staff welfare by promoting and maintaining good working relationships and practices in all dealings with staff and outside agencies.
- Ensure that all staff within the team participate in mandatory training.
- Provide a patient focused service and an appropriate level of customer support that engenders customer satisfaction and confidence in the service.
- Drive allocated vehicle as road traffic law dictates, in a manner appropriate to the conditions, and with due consideration for the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users, in non-emergency conditions.
- Support the operations manager with ensuring KPI targets
- Recruitment and onboarding.
- HR support – sickness reporting, ensuring the company sickness policy is adhered to. Return to works, record of discussion’s, references, contracts.
- Minute taking. I.E., team meetings, disciplinary’s, investigation meetings etc.
- To ensure audits become part of everyday practice, are conducted, and reported when required.
- Incidents and complaints are investigated and managed swiftly and reported to the Operations Manager.
- Support the Operations manager with any follow up requirements and investigations. I.E. Disciplinary, Grievances etc.
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as and when required to meet business needs.
- Undertake cleaning to ensure the site and operation is kept clean and tidy at all times and the site remains CQC compliant.
- Staff are kept informed of decisions and notice boards kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure any vehicle defects are reported, liaise with the garage and database kept up to date to ensure minimum downtime.
- On call at weekends on a rotation basis – 1 in 3.
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook – Intermediate to Advanced would be beneficial
- Minute taking
- Diary management
- Driving Licence Required
- Some understanding of the healthcare sector would be beneficial but not essential
- Administration background would be beneficial but not essential
ERS Medical Values:
For the right individuals we can offer you:
- Extensive training and ongoing support
- Career Development
- People's Pension
- Employee’s Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Paid Holiday
- Free DBS