Team Leader - Full time (Internal only) Closing Date Friday 24th September 2021
- The Team Leader is primarily responsible for the day to day service delivery to patients, providing support for operational, clinical and make ready staff. Reporting daily activity to the ERS management.
- To provide support and work closely in conjuction with the Operations Manager to ensure that the operation continues to remain compliant and providing the best possible patient experience.
- At all times the post holder must ensure patient safety and reduction in harm to patients, self, colleagues and others by assessing risks and adopting safe working practices.
- The team leader is responsible for ensuring accurate communication at all times to all operational staff and the Operations Manager working on and off site.
- Working closely alongside the Operations Manager to compile reports and provide accurate and timely information as and when required.
- Line management of all road staff including all Ambulance Care Assistants, AFA and HLA
- Fleet management
- Ordering BOC gas as and when required.
- Ensuring that the databases are kept up to date to ensure CQC compliance.
A working knowledge of booking, planning and dispatch for cover when required
Main tasks and accountability
- The Team Leader role has responsibility for the provision of leadership and management to the immediate operational staff. To include PDP's where required.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the business processes to ensure these are being complied by and followed by all clinical staff in specified areas.
- To provide effective leadership in ensuring that standards and practices comply with policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the ambulance crews understand their roles and are working within the clinical governance strategy to promote excellence in clinical practice in accordance with Care Quality Commission guidelines.
- Maintain the fleet in accordance with inspection dates, deep clean schedule dates, whislt ensuring all statutory legal requirements for all vehicles are updated in a timely manner in line with site fleet planners.
- Manage staff rota
- Ensure all crews are booked on within the shift start time requirements, minimising on any unnecessary down times throughout the shift.
- Assist with office duties i.e. processing and inputting information from runsheets, collation and entry of data, providing accurate customer reports to the Operations Manager and the business.
- Uphold business principles of customer and patient care, and staff welfare by promoting and maintaining good working relationships and practices in all dealings with staff and outside agencies.
- Ensure that all staff within the team participate in mandatory training.
- Support the Ops manager in recruitment and onboarding.
- To ensure audits become part of everyday practice, are conducted and reported when required.
- Providing support to the office based staff to ensure that no shifts are dropped and staff are where they are supposed to be at all times
- Incidents and complaints are investigated and managed swiftly and reported to the Operations Manager.
- Support the Operations manager with any follow up requirements and investigations.
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as and when required to meet business needs.
- Ensure the site and operation is kept clean and tidy at all times and the site remains CQC compliant.
- Staff are kept informed of decisions and notice boards kept up to date at all times.
- Monitoring of the computerised booking system used of which patient movements are entered and then sent to tablets for the ambulance crews.
- Ensure any vehicle defects are reported, liaise with the garage and database kept up to date to ensure minimum downtime.
Work on a rotation basis at weekends