The Bid Writer’s role is to support the Commercial Team in order to assist with the effective development of the business through the successful procurement of new contracts and retention of current contracts.
Reporting directly into the Bid Manager, the Junior Bid Writer will provide administrative support to the Bid function and wider Commercial Team. Assisting with identifying and disseminating bidding opportunities, completing Selection Questionnaires (SQs), arranging bid meetings and communicating with subject specialists throughout the business. We are looking for a driven, meticulous individual who has:
- A keen eye for detail when proof reading documents
- Exceptional written English skill
- An intermate knowledge of Microsoft Word
- An ability to write compelling and creative tender responses that address the customers needs and requirements.
- Good Communication skills
The main tasks and accountabilities that come under this role will be:
- Monitor new bidding opportunities on external portals, download and circulation of the relevant documents
- Assisting with the research, preparation and submission of EoI and SQs.
- Understanding and tailoring bid submissions
- Designing, developing and creating bespoke, high quality written responses
- To have the ability to manage several bid submissions at any one time
- Working/engaging with other Management Professionals/ Subject Matter Experts from across the business for specialist or commercial information and integration within proposals
- Managing and maintaining the Bid Collateral Library
- When not actively bidding, supporting the Bid Team with bid pipeline and opportunity research ahead of forthcoming tenders
- Proof reading tender submissions
- Arranging meetings with relevant Commercial and Operational staff
- Working closely with the Commercial Team to deliver high quality submissions
- External market research, encompassing competitor analysis reporting
- Maintenance of Commercial work log and CRM, responding to requests and query management
- Ability to work on multiple bidding opportunities at once and meet stringent deadlines.
- Supporting Commercial Team with contract management