We are looking for a GP Out of Hours Driver working out of Macclesfield District General Hospital on a Bank Hour Contract, covering evenings and weekend shifts transporting the GP from the Hospital to various locations - Patient addresses or Care homes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role (list/outline)
- To complete vehicle checks prior to use, and to notify any defects to the Team Leader, verbally and by recording on appropriate documentation
- To ensure the necessary medical and reference equipment is it the vehicle prior to the call out.
- To drive the GP to agreed locations using the most effective routes.
- To transport patients to and from the site at Macclesfield using the approved transportation of Patients Protocol.
- To comply at all times with the Road Traffic Act, and other relevant legislation.
- To maintain regular contact with the on-call office using a range of communication systems.
- To Complete documentation required by both legislation and organisational procedures.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle both internally and externally at all times.
- To notify the Team Leader without delay, any accident of incident, in which the driver may have been involved, and to complete a vehicle accident form immediately.
- To respond as necessary to reasonable requests for assistance made by any of the on-call service staff.
- To carry out ad hoc duties as requested.
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings as required.
- To act in a polite and courteous manner to staff, patients, relatives and road users at all times.
- The above is not intended to provide and exhaustive list of the duties, but to indicate the main areas of responsibility, and is subject to review and amendment in response to the changing needs of the business.
Respect for Patient Confidentiality
- Maintain confidentiality of information, acting within the terms of the Data Protection Act and Caldicott guidance on patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of the Freedom of information Act.
Health and Safety/ Risk Management
- All Staff are responsible for working with their colleagues to maintain and improve the quality of services provided to our patients and other services users. This includes complying at all times with the business’s policies, including Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents using the business’s incident reporting systems.
- All post holders have a responsibility to report risks such as clinical and non-clinical accidents or incidents promptly. They should be familiar with the Company’s use of risk assessments to predict and control risk, as well as the incident reporting system for learning from mistakes an near misses in order to improve services.
- Post holders must also attend training identified by their manager, or stated by ERS Medical to be mandatory.
- All individuals have a responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequently published regulations, to ensure that ERS Medicals’ health and safety policies and procedures are complied with to maintain a safe working environment for patients, visitors and employee.
- All staff have a duty to protect their own health and safety and that of other people who may be affected by their act or omissions.
- Support an environment where health and safety considerations are firmly embedded in the way you undertake work.
- Ensure the progress and quality of work meets the required standards and performance.
- Adopt a polite, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with patients, carers, members of the public, colleagues and other health and social care professionals.
- Key relationships include:
ERS Medical Team
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate skills in communicating information to colleagues, patients and relatives.
Smoke Free Policy
- The business operates a Non-Smoking Policy which limits smoking in the work place. Employees are required to observe the rules laid down in the policy
- Due to the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the provision (42) of the rehabilitation act of offender’s act 1974 (Exemptions) order 1975. The post holder will therefore be required to apply for a DBS check.
Job Title: GP OOH Driver
- Current Clean Full Driving Licence.